SOLTHERM UB BASE COAT
- Winter Solutions Impact Resistance Low Water Absorption Maintenance Wind Resistance Anti-Fungal Protection Early Grip Wash Off Resistance Clean Installation
Universal base coat
SOLTHERM UB is designed to install EPS boards to mineral substrates and to apply glass fibre-reinforced coating over EPS. The adhesive is suitable for continuous insulation system for exterior walls (ETICS). It is also used to level irregularities (up to 5 mm) and smooth out mineral substrates prior to paint and thin-coat render application.
- Application properties of the adhesive:
- Application temperature: from +5°C to +25°C
- Surface temperature: from +5°C to +25°C
- Mixing ratio: 4.5÷-5.0l of water per 25 kg of mortar
- Open time : approx. 1.5 h
- Slump: < 0,12 mm
- to concrete: > 0.6 MPa
- to insulation board: > 0,1 MPa (failure in the polystyrene)
Technical parameters and product properties:
- Consistency: dry powder Colour: grey
- Bulk gravity: approx. 1.60 kg/dm3
(all technical data provided for the temperature of +20oC and 60% relative humidity)
Estimated coverage for exterior wall insulation:
- to attach insulation boards to properly prepared substrate approx. 4.0 kg/m2
- to apply fibre reinforced base coat approx. 4,0 kg/m2.
The product can be applied in various conditions. The recommended application and surface temperature is from +5°C to +25°C. The ideal ratio of the adhesive is 4.5÷-5.0l of water per 25 kg of mortar and slump < 0,12 mm. The adhesive is a dry and grey powder with the bulk gravity approximate 1.60 kg/dm3. (the technical data is adequate for the room of the temperature about +20°C and 60% of relative humidity). The open time is approximately 1.5 hour. The adhesion of the product is diversified. It all depends on the surface. The adhesion to concrete is greater than 0.6 MPa and to insulation board is greater then 0,1 Mpa. The product cannot be used in the polystyrene. The estimated coverage for exterior wall insulation is about 4.0kg/m2 when you want to attach insulation boards to properly prepared substrate and the same amount is sufficient when you want to apply fibre reinforced base coat.
The adhesive is available in numerous colours and it has many useful features. First of all it is impact resistance – it means that it is extremely resistant. It cannot be destroyed easily even for vandals. Secondly, low water absorption – the water will not harm the wall. Thirdly, it is easy to maintain and it can be pressure washed. The fourth advantage is the wind resistance. There are also anti-fungal protection and early adhesion to EPS.